Search This Blog

Friday, November 5, 2010

CAKE, I said CAKE!

This has been a crazy week, but then again that seems to be a theme here, doesn’t it?
I attended my last Wilton class and received my certificate. I officially know Wilton stuffs, YAY! Here is my final cake from class:

In addition this week I made a cake for my Gram who is having her 91st birthday on the 31st. We are heading up to Michigan tonight to spend the weekend with her.

And then there are the 2 actual paid orders that I had for this weekend. A baby shower cake with an elephant and peanut theme and an Elmo birthday cake. That red hairy monster sure is popular isn’t he? 
So I admit, I was concerned about doing another gum paste elephant since Horton dried all slumpy, but creativity prevailed and the 2nd elephant was a success! It seems that if you prop the creature up against something gravity does not have such and evil effect on the creature. Huh, who woulda thunked it? And the ears have stayed on this elephant much better than on Horton as well. It’s like I’m learning something!
Oh speaking of learning, I am sad that I won’t be taking any more classes because I adore one of the instructors. She told me that she thought that I was good enough to apply and work in the shop! AWESOME! Now, I can’t afford to do that, but it’s very cool that she thinks I’m that good at the whole cake thing. Also she was telling me about a group called ICES that is a cake decorating group. They will be having their convention in Lexington in 2013. Guess who’s already excited about that? YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment