Search This Blog

Friday, November 5, 2010

Rock on!

I am a cake rock star! Ok, not really… But it’s fun to pretend.
Last night was my first night of gumpaste flower making class. Can I get a WOOT? I’m very excited to learn all the super fancy flowers and the “correct” way to make them. As is I tend to wing it. The grand finale of the class? The WILTON ROSE! It’s like the holy grail of icing flowers. We shall see how this turns out.
My Horton cake is mostly finished. Just need to give Horton some details. You know, things like oh, eyes? Yeah, he needs those. Kinda creepy otherwise.
Stay tuned for completion of Star Wars light saber cake. I fear that the geekiness may not be acceptable for some. The mom requested red and blue light sabers and I’m not sure if those are legit colors or not. Oh well. So long as the birthday boy is happy, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment