Search This Blog

Friday, November 5, 2010

More what? Cakes!

Hi cakers and cake lovers! Sorry I left you high and dry in cake land, but life does happen. I think you would all agree with that, right?
So what has been happening in cake land? Well let’s see… Relevant to caking, I’ve done 4 new cakes. A boy castle cake for a baby shower, a Yo Gabba Gabba cake for a 1st birthday, a dot cake for a baby shower and a Dinosaur cake for a baby shower. Sure are a lot of babies coming in to the world aren’t there?


YAY! Cakes!
Well what I didn’t say is that I was stood up for an order for the first time ever. That was an eye opening experience. When you do things off of Craigslist you start to expect that people will no-show and while that is incredibly irritating, it’s just part of using CL. Well this was the first time that it ever happened to me with a cake order. The person had said they would pick up on Saturday afternoon. The whole day went by and I still had the cake. I sent an email asking what was going on and they promised that they had forgotten and would be by on Sunday morning. What do you suppose happened? No call, no show. Excellent. So I gifted my parent’s with a congratulations Amanda cake… At least someone ate it even if I didn’t get paid for it. Oh well. I really don’t know what to do to prevent this from happening in the future though.
In other news we took our son to see the Red’s play. Just so happened to be the 25th anniversary of Pete Rose’s 4192 hit so there was all kinds of fanfare, etc and Pete Rose was there for the game. The kiddo could have cared less about all that but was madly in LOVE with watching the game in real life. I think we will have to find another day to get him to the ball game before the season is over.
Also I’m leaving on my first ever cruise tomorrow night. I’m excited and nervous! There are 10 of us total going. We are leaving out of Mobile, AL and going to Cozumel. It’s a short trip, but I think that will be enough for me. This is also my first ever girls trip. Whew, this will be fun or fun overload I think! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment