Search This Blog

Friday, November 5, 2010

Gram's 90th birthday and 2nd cake class

Wow this is a short week for caking! I was in Louisville for work Monday and Tuesday. I have cake class tonight and then on Friday after work we head to Michigan for Gram’s birthday. That means all caking must be complete by Thursday night. We’ll see how that goes.
Obviously I’m doing a cake for Gram. You can’t let 91 go by without a cake, can you? That woman means the world to me and I don’t get to see her more than once a year. Since I’ve just learned the Wilton Rose, I believe that I’ll be covering her cake with roses. I’m thinking a pale purple cake with yellow and deep purple roses.
As I mentioned, cake class is tonight and it’s the last class. I’m a bit sad. I do enjoy taking the classes! But that means that I now know all of the important flowers, etc. YAY! Tomorrow I’ll take that cake with me to Louisville. Hopefully they will enjoy it.
I have 2 cake orders for this week. An elephant themed baby shower cake and an Elmo cake. The shower cake has a gum paste elephant and peanuts on it. I’ll need to get that done ASAP. The rest of the cake will not be too tough. Elmo will have to be hand drawn, fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment