Search This Blog

Friday, November 5, 2010

Ever get ahead of yourself?

Ever look at your calendar and accidentally look at the wrong date? Yeah, that happens to me. So I have baked and frozen cakes for next week that I thought were due this week. Since they can be frozen, it’s not a big deal but it’s still work I didn’t have to do yet. Oh well.
At least I realized it with time to spare. After a frantic stop at the grocery yesterday, I have this week’s cakes baked and ready to be finished! YAY! This week is a Ladybug cake, oh so cute and a set of little mermaid cakes and cupcakes. I’m including some photos. This is an in process view of caking. No comments as theses are not yet finished, ok? 




And then of course there are the lemon lime cupcakes that I was bribed into making last night. My co-workers informed me that it was high time that they had some treats. It’s only been a week or so since the last batch, but that’s ok. I appreciate a good audience. These were requested specifically. I normally make a lemon-lime cake at Easter. It’s colorful and light, so it feel Eastery to me. Let me tell you, some cakes do not translate well into cupcakes. Let’s just say that the process of adding the flavoring goes better when you have a larger surface to work with. They may not be lovely, but I’ve heard they are tastey. Don’t worry, there is a tub of cool-whip with them so that you can frost your own.


No comments:

Post a Comment